3/28/2016

Teach Or Be Taught

It is my last year in Brazil.  What should I do?  I am teaching and taking Roberto along with me to learn to teach.
            We traveled first to Alagoinha where we split up the book of Colossians.  Roberto taught the first two chapters and I taught the last two.  It was a small class of three.  We also visited a family that I taught many years ago.  I answered some of their questions, and we studied on gifts of the Holy Spirit. 
            Two weeks later I traveled with Roberto again to teach half of the book of Romans.  This time I took the first quarter of the book and Roberto the second, and it was a large group.  He said that was the first time he had taught that many people at once.  He is a good teacher.  He stays in the context of the book.  We talked about ways he could improve on his teaching and he has listened and accepted the suggestions I have given him. 
            It is fun seeing someone eager to grow and mature in Christ.
 
Please pray:
·         That Roberto will continue in his study of God's Word and growth in knowledge;
·         That Roberto can be an example to the church in Paraíba;
·         That the church will grow in maturity and practice of God's Word

No comments:

Post a Comment