2/09/2015

Faith and Perseverance

     For over a year, Dylan has told me he wants to be baptized.  He would wake up on some days and say, "I am going to be baptized today".  When we were near a pool he would threaten me, saying, "I am going to baptize myself" and when in a pool, he would yell out "Daddy" and then proceed to put the baptism hold on himself (one hand, holding his nose and the other hand holding the wrist of the other arm) and fall backwards.  For more than a year, Dylan asked for prayers to be baptized at the church prayer meeting.  One night, after praying, I told them that I would see them tomorrow, if we were still alive or if Jesus did not come back.  Dylan broke out into tears and bawling, "If Jesus comes back, I am going to hell." After that, I began to take him a little more seriously.  You see Dylan is now only 11 ½ years old, and he seems too young to have the faith needed to make a lifelong commitment. 
     After several months of studying the Bible with me and even his Granddaddy and praying, we finally concluded that if this were someone older with the knowledge and understanding that Dylan has, we would not hesitate in baptizing that person.  When he asked me, "Can I be baptized, Daddy?" I said, "Why are you asking me?"  He said, "To see if it is o.k."  I said, "What if I say it is not, who are you going to obey, me or God?"  He said, "I will obey God."  "So, why are you asking me if you can be baptized?"  He said, "I don't know. Daddy, I'm going to be baptized."  I said "O.K."  And so, his Granddaddy baptized him on February 1, 2015.
   
  Please pray:
·         Dylan will remain faithful until death;
·         That while alive, Dylan will be salt and light in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment