11/05/2009

Earl Lavender

    Have you ever had the opportunity to come across a person who speaks with such contagiating passion that you change, if only for a little while?  That is what I had the opportunity to experience Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10/30 to 11/01/2009. 
    Earl Lavender was my teacher for three classes while studying at Lipscomb in the '90's.  Back then he spoke with the same passion about God and His Kingdom with which I heard him speak this year.  While at the University, he spoke in such a way that you wanted to be ushered in to at least get a taste of something that must be sooo good.  While at Lipscomb he helped me to see that God's kingdom must begin in my own heart.  Otherwise, how can I expect to be a servant to the King of all creation if my heart, which is a part of His creation, is not fully serving Him and Him alone.
    Once again I was reminded that God reigns supreme.  He is the Almighty who saved all those who believe in His Son.  I know these things, always have but somewhere during these last 13 years I got distracted by other things, not that I had forgotten that God is King, so I keep telling myself, even now but something was holding more meanting to me than the Alpha and Omega, at least that is what my speach showed as I shared the good news of ... wait.  Where is God?  Why have I not been talking about His love shown in Jesus' sacrifice?  What is on my mind, God is not the first thing to come up?  Who wants to hear about God, I have something more exciting to talk about, right?  I can talk about God anytime.
    I am not saying that God has to be the first thing out of my mouth everytime I speak.  But when I speak, my words should be flavored with His Word, His Goodness, His Love and Forgiveness, not out of guilt but because He rules my heart and my heart serves Him and Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment