11/07/2009

Learning From A Real Scholar

    Today I had the opportunity to learn from what I would call a "real scholar", Álvaro Pestana.  His knowledge of the hebrew and greek languages, culture of the Jews, Romans and Greeks and the ability to explain all of these aspects and answer questions, in the light of the scriptures, with clarity is what impressed me the most.  I saw how much I still have to learn and how important it is to dedicate myself to the study of God's Word, which includes the cultures and languages. 
    There was a good sized crowd and the questions asked were questions that I would not have thought of asking for the most part.  That helped me open up my mind a little more. 
    My aim has always been to search for the truth and this was a good reminder to continue the search.  May the search go on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment